Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hillary, Michigan, and Florida

Am I the only one who is bothered by the blatant hypocrisy of the Clinton campaign with regard to the Florida and Michigan votes?

With Florida, Clinton has a bit of a case; everyone was on the ballot. But in Michigan, Clinton waited until every other candidate had removed their names from the ballot, and then she announced she would stay on. That's just blatant calculation and manipulation, and she knows as well as you or I that's it's absurd after something like that to talk about "counting everyone's votes."

But that's not what's bothering me. What's really bothering me is the fact that I know--and I'm sure that everyone knows--Clinton really couldn't give a rip about the voters in those states. If she had clobbered Obama on SuperDuper Tuesday, she wouldn't have cared about Florida and Michigan. If she had knocked Obama out via Iowa and New Hampshire, she wouldn't have cared about Florida and Michigan. The only reason she really cares is because she can't possibly be the nominee without those two states.

And after her blatant manipulation of the process with regard to Michigan, that makes me ill.

I am so damn tired of the Clintons; I really really want them to go away.

No comments: