Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Warning: Heavy Geekdom Coming

I'm going to be trying to get an iPhone this Friday (along with seemingly every other gadget-hungry geek in America). In the main, I am not an early adopter. I didn't get a TiVo until last year; I still don't have an iPod (although I do listen to music on my PDA--an HTC Universal); I waited quite a while to buy a DVD player; and so on. I like to let other people live with Release 1 bugs. Hell, I don't even like to get Release 1 cars, and cars are pretty stable technology.

But every once in a while, I make an exception. The moment I saw my first decent PDA, I literally rushed right out and bought one (it was the Pilot 1000, which I still have). And this is another such case; I can hardly wait to get my hands on this durn gizmo. Will I be able to? I dunno, but I'm sure going to try.

My official "review" of the iPhone--again, presuming I get one of the damn things--will be appearing in Gear Diary. But I wanted to warn the three or four of you who actually read this blog that for the first few days after I get it, this blog will probably be filled with iPhone minutia. I might pop in with my usual blather about politics and whatnot, but You Have Been Warned.

No comments: